Summer is calling for cold desserts! I am dreaming about raw cheesecake but I will leave it for another time.
And this time, I am introducing not raw dessert but one which does not require baking. You will have to open your freezer few times, and I suggest you enjoy cold air every time you will do it 😉
- 3/4 cup almond flour (or you could grind some almonds)
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- pinch of pink salt (or sea salt)
- 2 TBS coconut nectar (or agave, rice malt or date syrup)
- 1 TBS melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla essence/extract
- 2 cups pitted cherries (you could use also other berries)
- 4 TBS chia seeds
- 2 TBS water
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- 1 TBS coconut nectar
1. Blend all ingredients for the base in a food processor. Line tin with parchment paper and transfer the mixture spreading evenly pressing lightly. Place in the freezer.
2. Blend cherries with water with a blender. Transfer to a pan, add chia seeds and coconut oil. Simmer on low heat stirring regularly until the mixture will become thicker (chia seeds will absorb liquid). When ready, remove from heat and allow to cool. Then spread jam evenly over the base and place back into the freezer.
3. In a double boiler, melt cacao butter and coconut oil. Add vanilla and nectar mixing well.
4. Take out the slice from the freezer, pour the chocolate topping over the top and place into the fridge for few hours. You could speed it up by placing it firstly in the freezer for about half an hour and then moving it into the fridge.
When ready, leave it in room temperature for few minutes before slicing. Enjoy!