Recently, I have been adding turmeric into nearly everything! I had even idea to make turmeric chocolate… What would you say for such recipe? 😉
According to Sebastian from PUKKA Herbs company, turmeric is one of the best herbs and everyone should use it. The list of its health benefits is quite long. Few of them are:
- it is powerful antioxidant fighting free radicals
- It reduces inflammation in the body
- improves blood flow through the liver having impact on liver detoxification pathways
- improves circulation in general
- balances levels of bacteria in digestive tract.
So why not to stock up in turmeric powder or fresh one, and start using it on regular basis – it will be like the sun in your kitchen 🙂
- 1-1 ½ cup mixed nuts*
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
*Soak nuts for 6-12 hours in salted water. It will reduce levels of phytic acid and will neutralise the enzymes which make digestion of nuts more difficult.
Preheat the oven to 120 C. Remove water and spread nuts out in a single layer on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for 5 mins. Take out from oven, add coconut oil and turmeric and stir well. Put into the oven again and roast for about 40-50 mins or until they are crunchy, stirring occasionally. When ready, sprinkle with pink salt and leave to cool.