And now it is time for a sweet post. I was supposed to write my carrot cake recipe while ago… I have tried few version of that recipe and I like that one the most. Let me know what you think 🙂
- 4 flax eggs (mix ¼ cup ground flaxseeds and ¾ cup water, leave on the side for min 10 mins; stir few times)
- 1 ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp pink salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 ½ cup grated carrots (thin grater)
- ¾ cup coconut oil or any vegetable one if making vegan cake
- optional: chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds or shelled hemp seeds; cranberries or other dried fruits
- flaked almonds, for sprinkling.
Preheat the oven to 175 C and line baking tray with parchment paper. It can be square or round tray.
In large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
In food processor or using grater shred carrots and put on the side.
Beat coconut sugar with oil until frothy, then add flax eggs and mix. Transfer to dry ingredients’ mixture and mix until well combined. At the end, add grated carrots.
Now, add nuts or dried fruits if using.
Transfer the batter onto the baking tray and spread evenly using spatula. Sprinkle with some flaked almonds.
Bake about 40 minutes. Check if inserted wooden toothpick comes out clean. When ready, take the cake out, leave for 10min in the tray, then take out in paper and leave until cool.
You can serve it with dairy free cream – I really like oat cream 🙂 Enjoy!