When your body is not feeling well, that is the time to bring some balance into your life. Food is one of the ways we can work on easily and that is what I chose to do.
Millet is nutritious grain that is alkalising to the body and it helps removing toxins. Mung beans are recommended for removing excess moisture (like phlegm) from the body. Garlic has antiseptic properties. Great combination!
- 3 cups cooked millet
- 3 cups cooked mung beans
- 4 tsp rosemary
- 1 TBS toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 TBS toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBS tahini
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- pink salt to taste
- 10-12 minced garlic cloves
- 6 TBS ground flaxseed soaked in 18 TBS water (for 10 minutes)
- about ⅓ cup millet flakes (admire if the mixture too sticky)
- olive oil or water for shaping the burgers
Preheat the oven to 200C and line baking tray with parchment paper.
Firstly, mix flaxseed with water and set aside to thicken.
Then mix millet and mung beans in a large bowl and blend that mixture until becomes a little smooth. Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.
Shape mixture into ¼ cup patties using oil or water. Press them lightly and place on the baking tray. Bake for about 15 minutes on one side or until golden brown. Then flip them over and bake of further 5 minutes.
And then enjoy with salad and, for example, tahini dressing.