Today my friends are coming to visit me. Moreover, they have just got married in New York so we will celebrate that lovely event.
Recipe adapted from here.
- ¾ cup wholegrain spelt flour
- 1 TBS chia seeds mixed with 3 TBS water (soaked for about 5-10 mins)
- 3 TBS coconut sugar
- 6 TBS unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 2-3 medium or large pears, sliced
- 1 TBS coconut sugar (if pears are sweet, skip sugar)
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS arrowroot
- 1 TBS cinnamon or vanilla beans/ essence
Preheat the oven to 190 C and prepare tart dish.
In large bowl mix all ingredients for the crust. Transfer the dough to tart dish and press firmly all over the dish as well as halfway up on the sides. Put to the fridge for about 15 mins.
Then mix the slices of pears in a medium bowl with lemon juice, flour and sugar. Arrange on the crust and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake for about 40-45 mins or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Set aside for about 15 mins before serving.
Serve with homemade vanilla custard🙂