I have been thinking about making veggie burgers for quite long time and I am not sure why it lasted so long.
Anyway, I bought some lovely beetroots in my favourite organic shop and I just made them. I could not believe how tasty they were. I could not stop eating them! The flavours go so well together and that dressing is great addition making the whole dish complete.
Recipe adapted from here. Makes about 18 medium burgers.
- 4 medium size beetroots, grated
- 1 & ½ cup cooked buckwheat
- ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup safflower oil (or olive oil)
- 2 TBS tamari
- ½ cup maize flour
- 2 TBS wholegrain spelt flour
- 1 whole bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- pink salt
Preheat the oven to 200C and line baking tray with parchment paper.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. If the mixture is not sticky enough, add more oil and flour. Scoop the mixture and shape the burgers using palms of your hands. Place on the baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn burgers gently.
Serve with fresh salad, pickles and tahini dressing.
- 2 TBS tahini
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS water
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS rice syrup or 1 tsp maple syrup
Mix all ingredients well. That is all!